5 Ways to Minimize Large Pores
Many factors determine pore size, and as you age you may notice more prominent appearance of pores on your face. Although textured skin is completely normal, enlarged pores or a common complaint among adults. While you cannot permanently shrink pores, you can minimize their appearance by keeping them clear of oil and debris, and promoting collagen + elastin production in the skin.
Here are 5 ways to effectively minimize pores:
- Follow a skincare routine. Use a gentle cleanser, like AFOKOSKIN’s Black Soap Foaming Face Wash to wash your face in the morning and evening, keeping pores clear of excess oil and debris.
- Apply sun protection. Protection from the sun’s rays is a can prevent collagen and elastin loss due to skin damage.
- Boost collagen. For improved skin elasticity, increase collagen production with ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, and Turmeric or try collagen supplements.
- Do a peel. Using an enzyme or chemical peel to clear pores of dead skin cells and excess oil can help minimize their appearance.
- Try microneedling. One of the most effective ways to reduce pore size is via the procedure known as micro-needling, which uses tiny needle penetration to accelerate the process of skin cell creation.
Pores help your skin function. But if you’re unhappy with your pore size, you may consider trying these methods to minimize their appearance. Enjoy the process as you care for yourself knowing that the effort is always beneficial on the journey towards healthier skin!